Terms & Conditions
As a fundraiser, there are a few responsibilities that you need to be aware of when fundraising for Beddown:
• In order to be a legitimate fundraiser for Beddown your event or activity must be registered with Beddown. You must have registered online through our Change 47 fundraising website.
• The person who registers a fundraiser will be the activity organiser, which makes them solely accountable for managing the fundraising activity in an appropriate and responsible way.
• It’s up to the activity organiser to ensure the safety of the activity, including organising appropriate public liability insurance and providing first aid services if they are needed.
• If you are collecting off-line donations, you will need to hold on to all the money you raise until your fundraising activity is over and make sure it’s kept in a safe place. Money needs to be donated to us through your fundraising page on the Change 47 website within 14 days of the activity being completed.
You may only use our name and logo to promote your activity if you adhere to the conditions outlined below:
• Promotional material with the Beddown and Change 47 logos are not to be altered. The Beddown and Change 47 logo can only be used on other material with written approval. A number of resources are available on the Resources page of the Change 47 website.
• All promotional materials and collateral must be approved by Beddown before going to print or being distributed in any format.
• No personal photos of homeless people, Beddown activities or volunteers may be used other than what has been supplied by Beddown.
• You are not able to approach the general public with door to door, telephone collections, stalls in shopping centres or public events as part of your fundraising activity.
• People under 16 years of age collecting donations or money must have an adult with them.
• You agree to release Beddown and parent organisation inCommunity Inc to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the activity and indemnify Beddown and inCommunity Inc for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
• Beddown reserves the right to withdraw your authority to fundraise and fundraising page at any time.
• All media materials and press releases must be approved by Beddown prior to circulation. Please allow 5 days for approval and we are happy to discuss any ideas you may have and provide an example press release.
• Fundraisers will not represent themselves as a representative of Beddown but can refer to themselves as Change 47 champions.
If you are looking for suggestions on how to fundraise, see our tips sheet on the resources page.