Change47 is your way to raise funds and awareness towards changing lives and saving lives!
Shockingly 47 is the average life expectancy of people who are homeless. Hundreds of people lose their life each year on the streets across Australia. This is a National emergency and it needs to change. Together we can change 47 by raising awareness, funds and donating towards supporting six new Beddown venues across Queensland. Beddown isn't just a safe, secure place for the homeless to get a great night's sleep, it's a health and social response giving people access to a range of services that are not only life changing but life saving.
- Kirsten Sorensen just donated $26.88
- Therese just donated $49.58
- Sheenu just donated $49.58
- Mt St Michael's College just donated $2775.57
- Anonymous just donated $21.10
- Monique Kneepkens just donated $49.58
- Megan Mills just donated $25.08
- Kymberleigh just donated $47.00
- Tiffanee Cook just donated $49.11
- Nina Muller just donated $300.00
- Robyn Foley just donated $31.65
- Braedon Millar just donated $15.82
- Anonymous just donated $99.17
- Michelle Colley’ just donated $21.10
- Fonda Zahos just donated $100.11
- JDA Lammin Architects just donated $52.75
- Inbam Devadason just donated $101.00
- Marius just donated $49.58
- Sarah Hobday-North just donated $49.58
- Lisa Jarvie just donated $49.58
Sign up as an individual or team to fundraise and Change47. Host a fundraiser such as a morning tea in your school, workpace, club or home or if you are 47 or turning 47 soon create your own fundraising page for 47UP to get your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor and support you.
Donate, spread the word for us or register for one of our fundraising events! A fundraising page will be automatically created for you and we'll send you tips so we can Change47 together.
We aim to raise enough funds to open and operate six new Beddown venues across Queensland that provide a safe, secure shelter for our guests to access services and a great night's sleep. Together we can change lives and save lives.
The aim of Beddown is to find innovative solutions for Australians who are homeless or sleeping rough. We take spaces that are under-utilised, vacant or empty and transform them into accommodation for the homeless. Beddown then activates and repurposes the space at night into pop-up or short-term accommodation for the homeless. We want to help ensure those who are sleeping rough are then able to access and get into a bed at night.
Many of the homeless suffer from sleep deprivation due to the conditions of living on the streets. Sleep deprivation can lead to many physical and mental health conditions. It can also impair cognitive function and lead to alcohol or drug use.
Those who sleep rough are security conscious too, in fear of being attacked and having their belongings taken. By providing a safe, secure and comfortable place to get a good night’s rest, we help to restore health, dignity and respect for our guests.
Follow us on social media for the latest news!